Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Splitting and Stacking

Today we spent the day cutting, splitting and stacking wood for an elderly couple who live near us. They live near one of the caves that the Ft Knox Grotto explores and treks through. They have been very generous to the cavers over the years in allowing us to use their property. For us, it was just a wonderful day to be out doors in the beautiful clean country air. It was an absolutely perfect autumn day. Alan and Glen chainsawed fallen trees to manageable size while Jill and I took charge of the splitter. Who needs weights and a gym when your picking up logs and flinging wood into the back of a pick up truck?
This is the view over my shoulder as we were leaving. Could it ever get any better than this?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails