Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Friday, October 31, 2008

The EverGiving Garden

Every day I am reminded how much I love living here. After the first lush of the spring garden the rush of the end of summer harvest, there was a lull in what was coming out of the garden. But now we are into the flush of the third harvest. We have tons of turnips, mustard greens, spinach, lettuces, carrots and sweet pumpkins and gourds to dry and all sorts of peppers coming out everyday. These are treasures I never tire of. And what we don't have, we can trade with friends and neighbors. Here is a basket full of beautiful purple podded black eye peas from Lavone's garden. Down the road, Curtis has a bounty of watermelon and pie pumkins that keep appearing on our porch!
These are some of the turnips picked this morning with a pile of spinach and mustard greens. What a wonderful soup they will become part of. And the wonderful variety of peppers I planted are just bursting off the plants. These will be added to the tomatoes I canned earlier this year to make a nice salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails