Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Count yer Blessings--Farmgirl type

Last weekend was a totally lovely experience as a Gathering of Girlfriends, new and renewed came to my little farm thanks to True Friend, Miss Frannie of Greensburg. Frannie, the epitome of Sunshine and seemingly boundless energy gathered 30-40 friends from across the country to arive here in Kentucky for a weekend of sheer fun and excitement the likes of which I've rarely seen. Starting with a tour of charming Greensburg a thriving little town in Green County, a caravan of no less than 8 cars, vans and trucks continued to Flaherty where dear Kathy Anthony of Sugarbucket Antiques opened her beautiful home and log cabin shop to the delight of the group. Kathy had whipped up delishes dishes and drinks on her gorgeous porch, prepared kits for making harvest garlands and more. Then the happy crew flew down the roads again to arrive here with just enough daylight to visit with me and my little sheep girls who loved all the attention they got from the new girl friends. I thoroughly enjoyed having everyone here and sharing with them how our sheep wool is washed and prepared for spinning my yarn and making my little felty things. It really was in many ways a house warming party for me because it was the first time that I had had an event here. I was swept away back to Frannie's lovely cabins back in Green County. We stayed up half the night laughing and giggling like preteens at a pj party and waking to a lovely breakfast made by many hands. We made dools and pumpkin trees, ate another delishes lunch prepared by the girl friends, and played pumpkin bowling (I Won!). The day ended with the most touching circle of sharing poems and love for each other that I have ever experienced. I would love to share some photos but alas I was so caught up in the being there, that i took very few pictures. I will post the links to a coule of blogs full of great pictures and more of the details of the weekend. Thank you Frannie for making this all possible. Here is Karin's site http://www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com/ and Cathy Cobblestone's blog is http://www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails