Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Just for Fun


Even though I'd rather be spinning than most anything else.  I find I have to schedule my time to fit it in to everything else.  The Tour de Fleece, a, mostly on-line fiber marathon promoted very effectively by Ravelry, allows just that for me.  Everything else that is not vital gets pushed aside while I schedule time to spin as much as possible.  Here is a bit of the the results from this last week.  Still not as much as I'd like.  More spinning will be scheduled into my life.  It is like Food, Air, Water, Spin.

There are many fiber preps to choose from and each gives a different result.  Spinning from a layered batt is one that I love.  From making it on the big Strauch Double Wide to the finished yarn:



The Layed Batt from one end.



Opening up the treasure chest.

Stripped and rolled into pretty rolags.



Spun into a thick and thin singles on my Schact Matchless.


Plied with a fine laceweight on my Gorgeous Green Country Spinner.



Skeined and ready to wash.  

The question remains: Shall I keep it or sell it at the shop.  It will be there, till I decide. Lots more pictures and information are on my FaceBook Page ( Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needleworks ). 

Hop on over and become a Fan, if you like.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love hearing about the spinning process and your process! My yoga practice is my addition to the list of my needs to thrive. Kisses, Deb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails