Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Shop is Moving to a New and Spacious Location



It was just 7 short months ago that I had the guts to open a small Wool and Yarn shop in Old Town Elizabethtown, KY.  I'd always dreamed of having my own business and i knew that it would be 'shop'. A small place where people would gather to create.  And so it is!


If you've been to the shop, you know that it is 'cozy'....it is quite small.  I've loved this shop and I am so proud of it.  It has been such fun to come here every day and just play/work at what I love.  It has been something that I created from the stuff of my dreams and it will be hard to leave its safe walls.  In these short months, I have met the most wonderful people, spinners, knitters, crocheters and even a tatter or two.  So many have told me how happy they are to have found the tiny shop and that they love coming here.  And I have loved being found.  It is so gratifying to see the looks on the faces when they come in.

But as the shop has gotten more popular, the space seems to have gotten smaller.  The time has come to move to more spacious quarters.  The opportunity was offered and after a long time pondering what it would do to my small dream, I decided to go for it.  Although there were many delays, once the decision was made, the new shop is finally ready and I will begin the move to the new shop tomorrow, November 2 and the shop will be closed.  It will be the first time that I will be closed on a week day. But there was no way to avoid and so it must be. I hope to be open again in the new space on Wednesday. I will be just around the corner at 110 North Main Street. Park in the back as usual and look for the canopy over the door:
or the BIG WINDOWS on North Main Street:



Open House Weekend:

Come visit the new shop during our weekend Open House celebration on November 5 and 6.

Lots of treates and activiteis are planned including Door Prizes, Special Trunk Shows from Alchemy Yarns and Classic Elite, New Yarn Selections from JoJoLand, Mango Moon, Frog Tree, O'Wool, and Cascade.  New Cottage Rovings from my Paula Rover,  more spinning fibers and blending materials from Ashland Bay and Ashford plus Knitter's Looms, Drum Carders and Fiber Processing Supplies and Dyes.
I am very proud to also include the wonderful collection of Primitive Furnishings and Folk Art by Kathy Anthony of Sugarbucket Antiques.  Kathy will have a special section within the shop to showcase her hand made Christmas and Winter Ornies which she has been hard at work on in between hand building her own Log House.


Come check it all out.  I'd love to see you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails