Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Craft or Bust Challenge 2010--- Accepted!

In an earlier post I wrote my goal for the year is 

"to grow this business by being more productive, carrying through on my creative process, and publicizing what I do more boldly and frequently. "

The very next day I discovered the perfect accompaniment to my process when I was introduced to the Craft or Bust Challenge 2010 by the fabulous Velmalikevelvet, creative Art Yarn spinner and Artista.
The Craft or Bust Project is a weekly creative endurance challenge created by Crystal, The QuickSilverCrafter on her blog found HERE.  The Challenge has a few simple rules: Sign up, Craft, Check In, Document and Blog about it. Easy, yes, indeedy and just the trigger to move my broad abstract goal into the concrete:

" My goal is to organize my various artycrafty dabblings in fabric, paper, dolls and funky jewelry around wool by experimenting and exploring the qualities of wool in all its forms using various techniques (spinning knitting, crochet, felting and sewing) and photographing it for documentation here. And finish designing a real website to market it all through. I must document the process at least every week through 2010"

This is the most perfect jump off for this, The Year of Making It Happen, Baby.  A little focus, a little outside Accountability to help keep me on track. It's week 1 and I've been preoccupied with getting the shop ready and doing the paperwork drudgery and planning that goes behind so this is a tiny little project, but so far, I'm good:







 This little critter is one of three that I am making as a special order for a local customer.  She's almost done and will be part of a little family group including a Lamb and brown Ram.

Take the Challenge with me: check it out.

2 comments:

  1. I think i might just do that! It sounds FUN. You have all the hope and enthusiasm of the new year....way to go!!! Cheers to you!
    I bet the farm looks lovely blanketed in all this snow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails