Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Little by Little: Luna Loca Batts in the ArtFire Shop

Little by Little I am adding more to the the ArtFire Shop.  It is a bit time consuming making it, preparing each one by washing and setting it first, then weighing, pricing, naming it to reflect it's uniqueness and photographing it just so.  The photos never fully capture the essense of fiber. Fiber by nature is tactile as well as visual.  The two senses work together to communicate the life of the fiber.  Here's one that I've had a hard time with conveying its beauty.  I've photographed it at least 15 times.  Can you see the sparkly Tropical Firestar in there?  There is the beautiful tomato color of the Merino created by blending several reds and oranges with a bit of yellow.  There is the wonderful hand dyed Sunny Yellow Silk Noil nubbies.  But I can't see the sparkle of the Firestar.  Firestar itself is a blend of a multitude of colors.  It's all blended through the Merino by the carding process.  In Person it is vibrant and unmistakeable.  But not in the photo.  It is in the shop, nevertheless.  I will continue taking pictures of it to capture that little essense.  Can you see it? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails