Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last of the Summer Harvest


The first harvest of All One Farms is over. It was more a learning experience than profitable but I loved tending the gardens. All in all we had various potatoes, onions, 2 lettuces and 3 different greens, tons of beets, carrots, 2 kinds of radishes, beans, beans beans and 6 different kinds of tomatoes. We had 110 tomato plants alone. We sold at two farmers markets and mets tons of wonderful folks who shared knowledge and offered encouragement and inspiration. I learned to can and creatively use what else: tomatoes! Nest year will be different. I think we will specialize a little more and try different markets.

Here is one of the beautiful dishes we made with our yellow stripey tomatoes and italian basil and a pic of Jake, one of our eager voluneers. He helped build barn doors, sheep fencing and of course, picked tomatos. Thanks Jake. I loved having students here, two of whom were my sons. I would love to do more with teenagers from the cities here on the farm. Another project for next year. As for this year, the late garden was planted in mid August, but alas no rain has made it slow growing. I'm not giving up yet. Planted are gourds and a variety of pumkins as well as a fw other cool weather crops. Pray for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails