Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Graduation Day!!


Yesterday was Dave's (my baby boy) graduation day. Dave attended a very competitive Union County Magnet High School in NJ for gifted students in Math and Science. (Am I bragging too much?). Dave had been in several school situations after homeschooling. Being an independent thinker, it took a while for him to give in to the idea of school. He attended an environmentally focused charter school, a catholic school, a public middle school in the suburbs before finding his niche at Magnet. I have to say that it wasn't always easy. David can be, shall we say, a little absent minded and distracted (ooooh something shiney!) and doesn't believe in planning ahead. But....we made it and I am so proud of him. He has grown into an outstanding young man. He is compassionate and caring and gives of himself freeling to a variety of community and church projects. He has shown himself to be both a leader and cooperative member of a team. He is a protector of the gentle and the good. And he's darn cute too. Here he is, my boy Dave!!!

In the fall, Dave head to an engineering (egads!) program at Carnegie Mellon University in Pa. (Did I mention, how proud I am of him?) This summer he will spend time at the Kentucky homestead once again, building fences with his big brother Will. More on Will's plans in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails