Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hear Ye! HEAR YE! Open for Business!

Over the last several months I have been busy doing the background work to open Blueball Mountan Spindle and Needleworks formally to the world. The front room of the farm house is ready and hours set. The cottage which will be used for lessons and as my personal studio are almost done. I have researched many suppliers of wool products and equipment to add to my own hand raised Shetland fleeces, rovings and handspun yarns.

I have decided to start by carrying the fiber equipment that I know and love the most. Ashford and Schacht Wheels and Looms and Carders and all manner of accessories for the new and serious fiber workers among us. Models of the complete line of Ashford products are set up and on display. The Traveler, Joy, and Country Spinner are on the floor and a replacement Traditional (sold the first one in one day) is on the way along with a rigid heddle loom and stand, drum and hand carders, a gorgeous charka, various drop spindles and takli turkish spindle. Of course, Ashford's full line of looms and fiber are also available and will be on display as space permits.

And there's more! The Schacht floor models will be here soon! More on those soon. I am also looking into dealer arrangements with several other major wheel and loom supplier's so stay tuned for updates as deals are finalized.

Next up: Fiber! Fiber! and more Fiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails