Welcome, come right in!

Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks, the Yarn and Fiber Shop in Historic Downtown Elizabethtown KY, has become the focus of the activities of All One Farms. The Farm, itself is still where the Sheep are raised, Gardens are kept and large dyeing and processing takes place. We continue to live simply, still seek to be self sustaining and remain conscious of our role in the universe. Every day is an adventure and it doesn't always take me where I plan. Come journey with me and share my experiences as I continue evolving my dream. Email me at luna.headhearthands@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Spin Garden


No it's not a garden of wool for spinning. Spin Farming is a type of rotational planting for small spaces. It started as an urban movement to bring farming to inner cities. It is designed to bring maximu profit from a small plot. AllOneFarm will have about a 1/4 acre dedicated to the Spin Garden this year. Although NoTilling is recommended, I was not able to get the ground prepared in the fall with mulch so I opted for a light tilling to remove the sod this year. Row will be tightly packed to minimize weeding. No pesticides will be used. Only organic compost will be used for fertilization. Watering is still to be worked out. Stay tuned as this develops......meantime check out spinfarming.com for details. I first heard about this on the Farm Girl connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails